Sunday, March 6, 2011

Muse

As far as I see it, Muse is one of the greatest bands of our time.  Channelling Freddy Mercury, Depeche Mode and David Bowie, Matthew Bellamy has shown the world that a three piece band can do as much destruction as a full orchestra.  Take Butterflies and Hurricanes for an example.  It starts out synthesized and small but reveals itself into a huge monster of a rock masterpiece.  "Change everything you are, and everything you were, your number has been called...".  Amazing lyrics and screaming guitar riffs are not all this band is about.  In I Belong to You he goes off into French while he strokes the piano like a concerto.  What can't this band do?  They bring us catchy tracks like Uprising that our kids can play on Guitar Hero, then give us the most unbelievable cover of Feeling Good that I have ever experienced.  It's a good thing I was lucky enough to catch their live show at Voodoo Fest in New Orleans last year before they won the Grammy.  Now Muse is on the rise and no one on earth will be the same again.

No comments:

Post a Comment