Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Metric - Help, I'm Alive
I was vaguely familiar with Metric before I saw them live at Voodoo Fest in New Orleans in October. What I didn't realize is what an amazing live show it is. Whether she's banging furiously on the keyboard, tapping lightly on the tambourine or running back and forth across the stage, Emily Haines is just phenomenal. There is a lot to be said for an artist that puts on a good 45 minutes of non-stop action and can still sound awesome live. In a world of backing tracks and autotunes, there's just no place for Metric. You can't fake this stuff. Emily has also contributed to tracks for The Crystal Method and recorded Black Sheep for the movie "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World". Check out Help, I'm Alive. It's a catchy song with a dark throbbing underbelly. That will open the doorway for you to discover more Metric.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment