Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Angus and Julia Stone

Hello again my long lost friends!  I lost my inspiration but now I'm back with a cool new duo that I can't get enough of.  Angus and Julia Stone caught my ear when their version of "You're The One That I Want" (yes, the song from Grease) was used on So You Think You Can Dance.  Julia's voice is almost like a sweet little mouse just tickling the notes like glass bottles.  The arrangement was much slower and it gave the song new life.  I no longer see Sandy and Danny in the funhouse in my head when I hear the song.  Now I see two people curled into each other in a huge bed.  And now, the ABC show, Revenge, is using "For You" as background music for the episodes and teasers.  "For You" has a much different vibe.  It's almost condiscending in a way.  "If I talk real slowly, If I try real hard, make my point dear, that you have my heart, here I go...I'll tell you what you already know".  Love it, love it, love it!  I can't believe how different songs by the same artist can make me feel so many different emotions.  MORE TO COME, I PROMISE!  "For You"   "You're The One That I Want"

No comments:

Post a Comment